Re: Will Debian accept a SATA to IDE hdd adapter?

>On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com> wrote:
>For what it's worth, I have a number of old Macintosh (PowerPC) machines with similar configurations.
>Works at treat!
------------------------------
Perfect, thanks Rick.  In addition to my old HP box I recently brought a Mac G4 PPC back to life thanks to Debian and will need to do the same.  Glad to know others have it working!

>On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>Agreed, in case you have a choice, go for the SATA controller.
>OTOH, I use one of those frankenstein adapters in a small box (wl700ge
>home router) where the SATA controller is not an option, and it works
>just great for that.

No argument here, Stefan.  The ultimate solution for me is to use only SATA drives in the future, but in the meantime while I'm mixing IDE and SATA on the same (old) mobo I'll probably stick with Frankenstein adapters until my trusty IDE drives fail which is hopefully many more years :).

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Mark