Re: Will Debian accept a SATA to IDE hdd adapter?

Stan Hoeppner wrote:

For the money and compatibility you're probably better off going with an
actual SATA controller instead of that Frankenstein adatper.  They're
the same price.

Good point Stan; I have a handful of old IDE drives I use for running Debian (range from 10-80 GB) and large SATA drives just for storage that I want to keep as dedicated storage drives for data backup purposes, etc.  I wonder how Lenny would deal with using the IDE host controller for the OS drive (hda) and the PCI-based SATA adapter (storage hdd) in your link?  Would it get confused?

Interested to hear your results when the parts arrive.

Mark