Re: messed up error messages from gcc

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Kumar Appaiah
<a.kumar@alumni.iitm.ac.in> wrote:
> Could you please try running LC_ALL=C gcc -Wall -Werror t.c and let us
> know if that solves the issue?

Yup.  That did it.  Thanks for the quick analysis.

LANG= gcc ...

had the same effect.

That's what I get for letting it set the darned thing to LANG=en_US.UTF-8

So, what's the proper solution to this?  Do I need to install
something?  Or rebuild a locale database somewhere? (if the latter, I
would have thought that it would have been done automatically upon
appropriate installs along the way.)  Just go back to C?

mrc