Re: Does email server OS needs clamav?

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 22:38:43 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Do I need clamav mail check on mail server - if I would leave it to
> end-client antiviruses. In other words, will it hurt the server some way
> and therefore the clamav should be on every mail server - as it protests
> the server OR I can easily drop it to the end users (to be checked at
> their machines) - the every letter they get? - What does clamav
> protects: the email server or the end user (at its own machine)?

I'd add clamav as a first virus barrier to protect end-users.

Viruses will not hurt the (linux) server but having clamav will help a
lot the (windows) end users.

> PS I want to remove it because I suppose that in case clamav blesses
> users' life and not server's - by removing clamav I can close one
> potential security whole.

In what way removing clamav you are closing a "potencial security
hole"? :-?

Clamav is just another service, just keep it updated for security fixes
and you are done.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón