Does email server OS needs clamav?

Good day.

Do I need clamav mail check on mail server - if I would leave it to end-client antiviruses. In other words, will it hurt the server some way and therefore the clamav should be on every mail server - as it protests the server OR I can easily drop it to the end users (to be checked at their machines) - the every letter they get? - What does clamav protects: the email server or the end user (at its own machine)?

PS I want to remove it because I suppose that in case clamav blesses users' life and not server's - by removing clamav I can close one potential security whole.

Thank You for Your time.