Re: Aptitude Configuration

<bss@iguanasuicide.net> was heard to say:
>> I use a mixed system, partially documented at
>> On all of them, it would be quite nice if aptitude would give me just a
>> /little _bit_/ more information about which archive a particular package
>> version was coming from.  Specifically, when viewing the package info for
>> a single package, how do I change the way the lines under "Versions" are
>> displayed?
>
>  I believe that's controlled by the Aptitude::UI::Package-Display-Format
>configuration variable; i.e., you can't change it without changing the
>display of the main list.  The "now" archive is not displayed, though; I
>can't recall why I made that decision at the moment.

I haven't customized the Package-Display-Format, so the one used is "%x%a%M %p
%Z %v %V".  That gives me something like:
i A   e2fsprogs                                            1.41.3-1   1.41.3-1

However, the lines I'd like to change look like:
  --\ Versions of e2fsprogs (2)
i A  1.41.3-1
p A  1.41.9-1

(the last two)

I was hoping to be able to get something like:
  --\ Versions of e2fsprogs (2)
i A  1.41.3-1 (now, stable)
p A  1.41.9-1 (testing, unstable)

or, at least:
  --\ Versions of e2fsprogs (2)
i A  1.41.3-1 (stable)
p A  1.41.9-1 (testing)

I'm read the manual, and I'm fairly sure "%t" is what I want, and I could use
"%i" in a pinch but Package-Display-Format seems the wrong place; E.g., the
lines I want to change don't appear to have the "%p" escape in them.

Are you saying I should be able to simply append "(%t)" after "%v %V" to get
what I desire?