Re: 2.6.31 kernels

Alex Samad wrote:
On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 10:27:22AM -0200, Cassiano Leal wrote:
2009/11/7 Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au>:
And here's the wiki page explaining the whole process. It's quite
simple and quick to follow through.

http://wiki.debian.org/wl
yeah and that great, but my whinge was that it was orphaned really
fast because it did not compile against the 2.6.31 kernel and that the
inline b43 will handle the cards - well there is a new upstream and the
b43 doesn't handle all the cards.

I am just wondering why we were so quick to jump.

Yeah, I agree with that especially when there is no 2.6.31 kernel in squeeze. I tried the instructions from the web page above and it worked like a charm. I think I'll let someone else be the guinea pig for the b43 driver.