Re: newer python installation

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 12:29 +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> I would prefer all programs installed via the package manager to use
> "#!/usr/bin/env python[X.Y]" instead of "#!/usr/bin/python[X.Y]" because
> that would mean that I could use them regardless of the Python version
> "env python" resolves to in the currently configured environment.

On second thought that seems like a bad idea. The reason for that is
that most programs have some dependencies which will not be present in
the "other" Python environments unless explicitly installed.

The whole "install dependencies for package/distribution NewtWitch" is
better handled by using pip/virtualenv. So I would instead argue that
*all* Debian installed Python programs/scripts should use
"#!/usr/bin/python[X.Y]".

Sorry for the confusion :-)

    Wolodja