Re: dependency based boot sequencing

> # aptitude purge ~c

Thanks for that suggestion but I don't use aptitude..I use apt, dpkg, and
smartpm.

dpkg -P <package>  works but it would seem each package must be listed
seperately. Is there a command that gets all the unpurged stuff in one go,
like your suggestion above with apititude?

Apropos to my subject thread, I had to rebuild my system from a recent
image after sysv-rc was installed on a dist-upgrade.  Sid was completely
inaccessable via grub2. It was as if there was no hard drive on the
computer. Grub has a lot of commands and options, busybox too but if
there's no hard drive all the commands in the world can't help you.  Guess
that just shows to go ya.
--
CK