Von: "oss@larstennstedt.de" <oss@larstennstedt.de>
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Datum: 4. September 2009 um 11:25
Betreff: Nvidia binary driver installation

Hello,

I have a question about the installation of the binary nvidia driver. It is a time ago that I used Debian and at that time you could install the driver with apt-get directly from the non-free repository. I installed testing/squeeze and
sid in virtual machines and was surprised that I was force to use
module-assistant and so on. It is no problem at all.
1.) Is that the new default way of installing the nvidia driver coming with
Squeeze or is this a temporary situation because Squeeze is still in testing
state?
2.) Is it possible to install the nvidia driver from Sid with module-assistant?
Apt-pinning is already configured.

Thank you for your help!

Greetings,
Lars Tennstedt

Last week, or the week before, a discussion on the same subject
was engaged on the list: you may have a look.

hth,
Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT