Re: resize2fs: Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!

In <[🔎] bf0c3b3f0907070259u4ae4a1a4rf80e644dc55bf46e@mail.gmail.com>, Mathieu
Malaterre wrote:
># df -h
>  According to df, /home is 670G and / is 5.6G, so I decide to remove
>20G from one to move it to the other.
>
># resize2fs /dev/mapper/gotlib-home 650G
>... do some e2fsck dance
># lvreduce -L-20G /dev/mapper/gotlib-home
>
># e2fsck -f /dev/mapper/gotlib-home
>e2fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
>The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 178399232 blocks
>The physical size of the device is 173156352 blocks
>Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
>Abort<y>? yes

You must have gotten bitten by some GiB vs. GB issue or something like that.

You've probably lost data at this point.

I'm not sure what the best recovery plan is.  If you haven't resized the
filesystem on /dev/mapper/gotlib-root, you may be able to use vgimport to
restore your old LVM layout, check your filesystems, and retry with more
conservative numbers.