Re: serial port mouse fouls up lenny?

On Sun,05.Jul.09, 21:10:55, s. keeling wrote:
> Canibalising my desktop for a ps/2 mouse, I replaced it with a serial
> mouse.  Now, X on desktop is seriously hosed.  I've tried "dpkg-
> reconfigure", but it never asks where the mouse is.  What am I
> missing?

My crystal ball says you are using lenny...

> I'll dig into backups to see what I need in xorg.conf, but I'd like to
> understand what happened.

Anything interesting in 'dmesg'? Did you reboot (or at least restart
Xorg)? I'm not sure if serial mice are plug-and-play.

> My (post-dpr) /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

> Section "Files"

You should get rid of the entire "Files" section.

> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
> 	Driver		"mouse"
> EndSection

According to the manpage mousedrv the driver should support serial mice,
but I'm reading the unstable version.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)