[solved] Re: fvwm-crystal and openoffice.org: incompatible?

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 08:54:58AM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 01:47:58AM -0600, lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there an incompatibility between fvwm-crystal and openoffice.org
> > (writer)? I'm trying out fvwm (crystal) and now started openoffice to
> > open a document.
>
> fvwm-crystal can use several file managers. Which one do you use? rox?

none

> > Starting openoffice works, but when trying to open a document with
> > openoffice, nothing happens. The file selector should show up and let
> > me select the file I want to open, but it doesn't. It worked fine
> > under enlightenment. Specifying the filename on the command line from
> > a shell works.
>
> Looks like a problem of that file manager.

Well, I sent a bug report and it turned out that the file selector
showed up at a position where it was off the screen. I changed the
position in
~/.openoffice.org/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Views.xcu
and it works now.

But how do you recover windows showing up off screen? Not in every
case you can edit settings like this ...