fvwm-crystal and openoffice.org: incompatible?

Hi,

is there an incompatibility between fvwm-crystal and openoffice.org
(writer)? I'm trying out fvwm (crystal) and now started openoffice to
open a document.

Starting openoffice works, but when trying to open a document with
openoffice, nothing happens. The file selector should show up and let
me select the file I want to open, but it doesn't. It worked fine
under enlightenment. Specifying the filename on the command line from
a shell works.

Can someone verify this? Is that a problem with the default
configuration of fvwm, or is there some sort of bug? I'm using Debian
testing AMD64.