Re: Re: installing from usb

I just tried installing via unetbootin today and it didn't work with the Lenny 5.0.2 CD iso image from the official Debian webpage.  Looks like unetbootin hasn't had an update since 2008; has anyone had success using it, even with Lenny 5.0.1?

Thanks,
Mark

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 1:23 AM, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:59:01AM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for reply,
>
> My problem is , often I  install debian for student, and  CD drive problem
> occurs ,
>
> So   I preferre installation from Usb. Moreover I install on local machines
> without internet connexion
>
> thanks for help.

Check out unetbootin, that's a nice program to create bootable USB
devices. You can use it to put your installer image unto your USB
stick and make that bootable.

However, I don't know if a CD or DVD installer image will work from an
USB stick: The installer might be configured to look for a CD/DVD
rather than an USB device to find it's files. In that case, you would
need an installer adapted to work from USB.