Re: editing protected fiels in a word document/remove password

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 08:30:09AM +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 18:14 -0600, lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > how do I remove a password or at least edit protected fields in a MS
> > word document that I'm editing with openoffice?
> >
> > I'm trying to fill out a form, but some of the information requested
> > is not applicable. I need to replace some Yes/No boxes with my own
> > text ("does not apply"), but openoffice doesn't let me edit
> > this. These fields appear to be in a table.
>
> I am definetly not a OOo expert, but you probably have to show the
> Toolbar "View>Toolbars>Form Controls",
>
> Then click on the "Design mode On/Off", to be able to change the
> properties.

Thanks, but it doesn't work: I get the toolbar, but what I wanted to
modify doesn't appear to be selectable with the select option from the
toolbar. It's probably something else than a form control. When I
click on what I want to modify to select it, most icons in the toolbar
stay grayed out.

Though I printed the form and filled it out by hand instead, it still
would be nice to know how to overcome such restrictions ...