spam control

Hi,

I've been managing my mail with Gmail for about three years now.  The
primary reason for sticking to Gmail is their spam control.

I now want to try moving back to the old mail spool on my Debian box
and start managing mail myself.  I'm curious to know what spam control
techniques people on this list currently use.

How is your experience with the spam control tools already available
(SpamAssassin, SpanBouncer, Bogofilter)?  Which one is the most
favoured?  Is Gmail indeed the best option for controlling spam?

Thanks,
Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com