Re: problem with SATA disk, difference between standard kernel and Debian kernel

lee wrote:
> Well, how do you install on SATA disks when the installer can't access
> them? It still has the option to load more modules from a floppy disk,
> but I haven't had a floppy disk drive for years ... With no system
> installed, you couldn't create those disks anyway.

You should be able to load them from a USB stick. Maybe it's not fully
automatic, but you can switch in another console during installation,
mount the disk, and then direct the installer to load from that directory.

--
I refuse to consign the whole male sex to the nursery.  I insist on
believing that some men are my equals.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb