Re: building a custom kernel-WAS: Re: USB disk shows up late at boot

Paul Cartwright put forth on 12/26/2009 6:47 AM:
> On Fri December 25 2009, Celejar wrote:
>> Absolutely.  I'm just warning you to be prepared for a lot of very
>> frustrating "why can't the kernel find my root filesystem?" and "why
>> has this piece of HW / SW suddenly stopped working".
>>

> ok, so it gets deep in those menus...
> network, device drivers, firmware & filesystems I get most of..
> kernel hacking??
> cryptographic API ?
> Library routines?
>
> I do have ecryptfs & a Private filesystem, but ecryptfs was under file systems
> ( I think..) I did find that.

Have you tried pressing "H" for Help, on each feature or feature class?  Note
what help tells you.  In many/most cases Help will assist you in figuring out
whether you need a given feature or not.

--
Stan