Re: A-posteriori use of another HDD for the /home/username

On Dec 26, 2009, at 6:31 AM, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> It now works like a charm.

Congratulations! But don't trust it for a second :-)

> I repeated the operation, doing the same
> things, and it worked, this time. Computer science is sometimes
> mysterious. That is why we like it, isn't it?

Well, it's *claimed* to be deterministic and repeatable. So you almost certainly didn't repeat the same things, not exactly. It might be productive in your CS studies to see if you could figure out what went wrong. I've never seen 'cd' not work before...

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com