Re: A-posteriori use of another HDD for the /home/username

On Friday 25 December 2009 02:48 pm, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Thanks for the two answers. They are both really nice. The first
> appears to be even `cleaner.' I thought my session would never boot if
> my folder was `nowhere.'
>
> Concerning the first answer: let's say that I copy everything from
> /home/merciadriluca/ on the new HDD. If I mount the new HDD on
> /home/merciadriluca/, will the (previous) content of
> /home/merciadriluca/ be overwritten?
>
> Thanks. Sorry for stupidity, I worked all week-end long.

The only stupid questions are the ones that people don't ask.....

No, your original contents will still be there.  When you mount the new
partition, it "hides" (for wont of a better word) the old data.  If you want
to do it that way, when you umount the new partition, the old data will
become visible again, completely unmodified.

Mark