Bluetooth connection issue

Hello,

I want to access files on my mobile phone (Nokia 2323) via Bluetooth
from my laptop (Dell Inspiron 640m) that runs Lenny.  The Bluetooth
Applet on my GNOME desktop gives me this error message:

    Couldn't display "obex://[00:25:cf:c8:8e:b3]".
    Check if the service is available.

This is puzzling all the more because this connection used to work in
the past.  Still, I did `aptitude search obex,' only to find that
things related to obex seem to be in place:

    girish@marvin:~$ aptitude search obex
    i   cobex                 - Connector for mobile devices
    i A gnome-vfs-obexftp     - GNOME VFS module for OBEX FTP
    i   libobexftp-dev        - object exchange file transfer library
    v   libopenobex-dev       -
    i A libopenobex1          - OBEX protocol library
    i A libopenobex1-dev      - OBEX protocol library - development files
    i   obex-data-server      - D-Bus service for OBEX client and server side funct
    i   obexfs                - mount filesystem of ObexFTP capable devices
    i   obexftp               - file transfer utility for devices that use the OBEX
    i   obexpushd             - program for receiving files via Bluetooth or IRDA
    i   openobex-apps         - Applications for OpenOBEX

What could be going wrong?  (I know this issue has been discuss on
debian-user before.  Google shows many threads on other forums too.
But almost all of them suggest little more than installing
applications from the above list.)

Thanks,
Girish.

--