Re: LAME for Lenny

On Thursday 24 December 2009 14:19:12 Bernard wrote:
> Hi to Everyone,
>
> On my older Sarge system, I used 'lame' to encode wav files to mp3.
> However I can't find 'lame' for Lenny. Could someone tell me where to
> find the appropriate package ?

  This package is in the "debian-multimedia" repositories -- a bit
of googling should find you a nearby mirror, which you can add to
your sources.list.

  It's been a while since I was current on this, but I believe
they're excluded from the main repos due to patent and/or license
encumbrances.  If you care about such things, you might wish to
encode to a more open format, like ogg.

				-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net