Re: Using LightScribe on Debian?

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 22:12, John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:

> 1) The image is black and white only

Yes, I was aware of that. You can get colored CD/DVD blanks, though.

> 3) The image quality sucks, although you can get better results by
> burning twice.

Doesn't LightScribe start at a random location, i.e. wouldn't burning
twice mess everything up?

> I still want to be able to put an image on a CD or DVD, but I guess the
> only way to do that properly is with an inkjet. But if I do it only
> once every few months I'll have clogged jets, wasted ink from cleaning,
> and constant headaches. So I just continue to use a sharpie.

I use sharpies as well, but having seen pictures of LightScribe-enabled
disks, I want to try it, at least.
Also, I read that there has been an update which improves image
quality.

Richard