Re: can't get CUPS working with Xerox Phaser 6280DN

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 23:03:58 +0100, Robert David wrote:

> I suggest you try look at splix package and its supported printers.

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:48:47 -0500, I replied:

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 06:58:09 +0000, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> The splix package provides CUPS printer drivers for Samsung printers (as does
> hplip for HP printers).  So it is used in conjunction with CUPS, and is not
> an alternative to it.

OK, I'll probably try it when I get back to this in a few days.
I was put off by the description I get with "apt-cache show splix":

  Support for printing to SPL2- and SPLc-based printers. These are most
  of the cheaper Samsung laser printers which do not understand standard
  languages like PostScript or PCL.

I am trying to send PostScript to the Phaser 6280DN.

Thanks.