Re: Bluetooth A2DP

Hi Cameron -

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:01:41PM -0000, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> I am using pulseaudio and bluetoothd to drive the headset, not alsa. I
> have alsa configured to use pulseaudio for output, so all alsa is
> doing is routing the default output to pulseaudio. I also have USB
> speakers, which are driven by alsa when I chose that pulseaudio
> output.
>
> I'm not completely sure what is needed to get this running as it is
> something that I've played with quite a lot in the early days, but
> looking at the packages I have manually installed, these seem to be
> the related ones:
>   gnome-bluetooth
>   [...]
>   pulseaudio-module-zeroconf
>
> bluetooth, bluez and bluez-alsa were automatically installed.
>
> My /etc/asound.conf looks like this:
> pcm.!default {
>         type pulse
> }
> ctl.!default {
>         type pulse
> }

Well, it seems PulseAudio was the missing link.  A few minutes after
reading your post, I had my Altec Lansing (erm, Plantronics) 903/Rs
working with Audacious, Adobe Flash Player, and MPlayer via PulseAudio.
Thanks for the idea!

I think the only thing I need to sort out is the initial connection,
since if I disconnect the BT headphones, PulseAudio moves the audio
stream back to my internal sound card (and it looks like there's an
option for that), but connecting the headphones requires a complete
delete & re-pair.  l2ping, etc. works, but PulseAudio isn't made aware
of the new output device.

- Mark

--
Mark Kamichoff