Re: USB disk shows up late at boot

On Mon December 21 2009, Celejar wrote:
> 1)  Faster booting, since irrelevant drivers aren't loaded and won't
> spend time probing.
just faster booting, or doesn't it also run faster, since it isn't loaded with
a bunch of PORK?

> 2)  Security - one of these null pointer dereferences that they keep
> discovering can't hurt you if it's in code that hasn't been included.

not sure I understand. Are you saying if there is a reference to hardware that
doesn't exist on your platform?

> 3)  Education - it's an unbeatable way to get a deeper knowledge of
> your system.
this I can relate to. This is the part that stops me.. the install asks too
many questions that I don't know what to answer..

> 4)  Flexibility and control

control is always a good thing.

--
Paul Cartwright