Re: rolling-back, reverting system upgrades?

Hello

On 12/21/09, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> As I understnad it, generally speaking you don't. You *can* if you use
>  dpkg directly and still have the .deb files from the previous version
>  of a package lying around (/var/cache/apt/archives/).

I did think of manual dpkg installation of old archives and pinning
packages as solutions. However, would there be specific
dpkg/aptitude/Synaptic files/folders that store the current tree
information and that could be backed-up before updating that
information and restored in need?

Liviu