Re: Tomcat is only listening with ip6 and not ip4

Alexey Salmin wrote:
I think it's related to discussion in debian-devel:

Thus you should report a bug against Tomcat. Also you can replace
"net.ipv6.bindv6only=1" with "net.ipv6.bindv6only=0" in your
/etc/sysctl.d/ as a temporary solution.

Thank you for this. I had actually heard from the Tomcat mailing list that a work around was to specify address="0.0.0.0" in the connector piece of server.xml, and I had done that

HOWEVER, I was having problems then with the application connecting to the backend database. I could see that postgresql was listening on the ipv4 ports so didn't think this was the issue. But when I changed the net.ipv6.bindv6only to 0 my application magically worked again. My thoughts are that there is some interaction with libcommons-dbcp-java, so I think there might be a problem there.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk