Re: Verizon Novatel USB760 Wireless

green wrote:
Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote at 2009-12-14 07:12 -0700:
I am wondering if anyone has successfully install the Subject device on Debian? My research has shown that some have had success on Ubuntu 9.1 but I have not been able to locate any Debian success posts.

This is a 3G modem and, in my remote location, gets much faster downloads, on winbloz, then anything else I have tried. It beats the AT&T sierra device by far. Sierra is supported in the kernel but not this Novatel USB760 AFAIK.

Any info or pointers are welcomed. I really need to get this working on Debian and don't want to switch to Ubuntu if possible.

TIA

Wayne

PS The Novatel is really strange. Just tried to burn a Ubuntu cd to check it out and the Novatel had to be unplugged before k3b would run.
It seems the system thinks it is a cdrom device????

This might be related to the purpose of the usb-modeswitch package. Perhaps that will help get you started.

Thanks for that hint. I tried that in sid but could not get the modem to connect. I exchanged it for a MiFi and am attempting to connect to that with my current wifi adapters. Have one that will connect, on XP using wpa, but am still trying to get it working on sid and testing in debian.

At least my wife has fast downloads now.  :-(

Thanks

Wayne