Why does "man exit" talk about "rc" and "Plan 9"?

On this machine, "man exit" brings up a page about "rc" and "Plan 9". On
another machine it just brings up "exit". I think this may be why I am
getting error messages about "exit: too many args" from postfix on this
machine.

Both are using the bash shell. There is a package called "rc" but it
isn't installed.

Googling brings up a lot stuff about the Plan 9 shell, which I have
never heard of and don't have here.

Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to get "exit" to work here?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk