Re: Inquiry: How would you prepare an image list

T o n g wrote:
Hi, This is a situation that I feel hard to find a good solution -- We've taken hundreds of digital pictures. Now it is time for some big batch printings, each batch contains about a hundred pictures.

Previously, when selecting pictures in a small scale (<30~40), I use pfm to do it (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.grml.user/2064/)

Now with batches this big, I'd rather hand over the picking job to my wife. The problem is, she is not computer savvy at all. And I found it very hard to find a good solution for her. Any suggestions/comments welcome. Thanks.

PS. If anyone interested, I'm about to experience some internet printing services as cheap as about USD $0.08c per print overall.

How about something simple, like copying all the pictures to another folder, then launch your favorite image viewing program, such as Eye of Gnome, and tell her to hit the delete key on any pictures she doesn't want printed, and PageUp/PageDown through the rest. Then when she's done, you will have a folder with pictures to print.