Re: Debian AMD64 Sid - "packages have unmet dependencies"

On Dec 19, 2009, at 6:59 AM, Johan Grönqvist wrote:

Rick Thomas skrev:
xserver-xorg-video-apm: Depends: xserver-xorg-core (>= 2:1.6.99.900) but 2:1.6.5-1 is installed.
and a bunch of other xserver-xorg-video-* packages have the same problem.

See news.debian.net at <http://news.debian.net/2009/12/06/brief-updates-testing-broken-xorg-modules-broken-kde4-d-n-down-and-events-in-germany/ > which states

"Some X.Org drivers (packages xserver-xorg-input-* and xserver-xorg- video-*) that were meant to be uploaded to experimental landed in unstable instead (see sbuild’s bug #559659). If you see packages with a Depends: on xorg stuff from experimental, do not update and wait until xorg-server 1.7 moves to unstable."

Perhaps downgrading some packages to their testing versions would be a way to solve the issue.

Hope it helps

/ johan

Yes, it helps a great deal. It appears that it will take a while (probably some weeks?) for this problem to resolve, but at least folks are aware of it and (presumably) working towards a solution.

For me, for now, I'll just accept the warnings and ignore them, since hey don't seem to be doing any harm.

Thanks for the insight,

Rick