Mounting new hard disk in /dev/sdb

Hello,

I recently installed a new SATA hard drive on my desktop system and I noticed that Squeeze had, by default, mounted it in /dev/sda. This means that recently, due to the popular GRUB failure that caused everybody (including myself) a lot of grief, my Debian disk rescue mode was installing the new GRUB on (hd0), which was, however, on the brand new disk (NTFS formatted), which does not hold and will not hold any operating systems. Thus, I was still seeing grub_printf_ as missing when I logged in. So I was just wondering whether there was any way that I could plug in my new hard drive and mount it on /dev/sdb, so that I can access it as (hd1) in GRUB notation, next time the boot loader fails (which, I have to say, has been reather frequent lately).

Thanks,

Jason