Re: VGA cards

Dave Witbrodt <dawitbro@sbcglobal.net> writes:
> Camaleón wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:28:19 -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>>> I wasn't speaking of the independent xorg devs (although they also do a
>>> good job), I was saying AMD is doing a very good job.
>>
>> In what way is doing a very good job? A good job could be if they
>> collaborate a bit for the development of their drivers, not just by
>> providing "some" specs and letting other doing its job.
>
> Pure trolling.
>
> Anyone familiar with the development of these drivers knows that AMD/ATI
> employees are working on this everyday.  They respond to comments and
> questions from users, work on development of the drivers (and related
> components of the graphics subsystems), and work with other developers
> to improve all of this software.
>
> Your comments merely reveal your ignorance.

Seriously.

AMD is doing great with ATI -- they're doing exactly what we asked,
which is to _document the hardware interface_ so that we can write
drivers.  If they did _more_ (ala Intel with its gfx chips), I'm sure
we'd all be happy, but it's absolutely absurd to _criticize_ them
(as Camaleón is doing) for what's a very reasonable and forward-thinking
approach.  [and remember, in the long run, good documentation is far
more valuable than "drivers"]

-Miles

--
97% of everything is grunge