Re: eSATA woes

Gregory Seidman put forth on 12/17/2009 10:37 AM:

> It's automatically detected and the sata_sil24 module loads. The problem
> comes when I try to connect an eSATA enclosure. I get console messages
> immediately upon connecting an eSATA drive, but it goes through a cycle of
> trying to establish a link, timing out, resetting, retrying, etc. a few
> times before finally giving up.

This is most likely caused by massive electrical signaling errors.  How
many different eSATA cables have you tried?  You don't even mention
cables in your post, yet this is always the _first_ thing you should
check/swap when you have problems with external devices.

Try another eSATA cable and report back.

--
Stan