Black screen with non-free nvidia drivers

Greetings

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed (it probably has) but I searched
and couldn't find anything I understood.
   I use 64 bit sid, and I'm trying to install the non-free nvidia drivers. I've
followed the Debian way at http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers
   When I start the computer after that, I get a black screen for a few
seconds, and then the screen shuts down. I can't change to a terminal with
ctrl+alt+F1 (or any other F-key).
    I've checked my /var/log/Xorg.0.log, but couldn't find any related errors.
I've also tried editing the "Monitor" section in xorg.conf to add the correct
HorizSync and VertRefresh numbers, but it didn't help.
   I'm guessing there is something else I should add in my xorg.conf, but I
don't know what. If anyone could shed some light on this problem I would be
grateful.

Thanks in advance.