Re: email server

Please reply to the list.

On Seg, 14 Dez 2009, Joe wrote:
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
Easier than talking SMTP directly is using the swaks utility, available in the swaks package.

Is it cross-platform?

It's written in Perl, and Perl is cross-platform. So I'd say yes.

I regret to say that in the sordid and squalid business of earning a living, I must also walk the Dark Path, and indeed I sometimes answer questions on Exchange in one of the Other Side's technical newsgroups.

As long as Exchange talks SMTP, you'd be fine.

That said, I think that knowing the basic SMTP transaction is useful. But if you have access to a tool that makes the job easier, why not use it, especially if you'll have to repeat the same commands several times?

--
There are running jobs.  Why don't you go chase them?

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br