Re: email server

On Sun December 13 2009, Joe wrote:
> In addition to the blacklist, I reject about twenty countries on HELO
> and PTR strings, a few really offensive ISPs by name (mostly German,
> oddly), and make an attempt to identify and reject 'generic' PTRs. Along
> with the Debian default of requiring complementary A and PTR records for
> the sending IP address and a HELO which resolves using public DNS, this
> cuts down the spam that exim4 accepts to between one and two a day,
> which Icedove normally spots easily. Without the blacklist, it's about
> forty a day.

right now, I have my email hosting service. Then I use a fetchmailrc file to
pull in my domain email accounts to my Debian box /var/mail. Then I have
Kontact just setup with my local user, and a couple hundred filters to put
them all into nice folders..
bogofilter is the last filter to get applied, what's left gets put into my
inbox, and lately ( last week or 2) my inbox has been FULL of junkmail..
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800