Re: lenny's hardware compatibilty list

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:19:01 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

2009/12/12  peasthope:

You sent the message to my direct mail. Forwarding to the list.

> Date:   Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:19:01 +0000 (UTC), Camaleon wrote,
>> Which would be the
>> right place to write down that info so other users can benefit of that
>> information? Debian wiki? Is there a central point where this is
>> handled? :-?
>
> Wikipedia has many lists.  Why not a "List of Hardware
> Supported by Debian Lenny".

You mean this [1] Wikipedia?

I don't think that is the right place to use it as a central point for
Debian HCL.

I mean, almost every distribution has its own HCL (filled by users):

http://en.opensuse.org/HCL
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HCL
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/os/
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hardware_Compatibility_List

But I cannot find such pages on Debian wiki :-?

[1] http://www.wikipedia.org/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón