Re: lenny's hardware compatibilty list

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:58:24 -0500, Israel Garcia wrote:

> Hi, where can I find an official list of hardware compatibility
> (different devices) for debian lenny?

I haven't found any for that specific purpose :-?

> Is this raid card supported by debian lenny's kernel?
> http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/products/Controllers/Hardware/sas/entry/
SAS-2045/

I *guess* it should be supported by "aacraid" kernel stock driver. But
it's just a *wild guess*. Maybe someone using that card can confirm.

> Is this debian's compatibilty hardware list  the same of kernel linux's
> list?

Debian Lenny uses kernel:

sm01@stt008:~$ uname -r
2.6.26-2-amd64

So you'll have to dig a bit about this kernel capabilities and what kind
of sas raid cards it supports.

As a side note, I find these Adaptec's cards not a very good choice :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón