Re: [OT]What's the price index of your laptop's battery?

lee wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 06:19:56PM +0100, Klistvud wrote:
>
>> Would you ever buy a car -- or even a mobile phone -- where the spare/
>> replacement battery cost 14% of the entire car/phone retail price? Say
>> you got the cheapest Clio or Fiesta for just under 10.000€, but would
>> have to pay over 1400€ for a replacement battery when the old one died?
>> Now, that would be an extremely peculiar business model in my view ;)
>
> Just wait until you don't have a choice but to buy a car that runs on
> batteries. And batteries will become more expensive because
> manufacturers will run low on Lithium.
>
> Batteries suck.

no need of lithium at all. There is a well planned misunderstanding about
energy and power nowdays, on purpose, so that we keep paying. So price is
what the company decides to put as price. Since such products are lacking
competition it is no surprise that prices are far too high. I remember
economy classes, they said the price depends on whats the customer ready to
pay.

Related to this I was watching yesterday evening this below, so ... judge
yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t7W6jsjJLM

-- cite --

Inventors Beware!

      It is my intent of this treatise and through my other writings to
explain the many facets of "radiant energy" and how it is possible to draw
power from it. I have notarized papers and articles predating similar claims
made by others. The Moray lead formula is just one example. I advise all
inventors who want proper public credit to do the same.

      By reviewing history it is understandable why some inventions are not
commercialized. It is economics, not science, that is the main factor. It
will be remembered that alternating current was opposed by powerful
financiers in Tesla's time.

      Michael Pupin, noted in his autobiography:
..
          ...captains of industry... who were afraid that they would have to
scrap some of their direct current apparatus and the plants for
manufacturing it, if the alternating current system received any support. A
most un-American attitude... but ignorance and false notions prevailed in
the early nineties, because the captains of electrical industries paid
small attention to highly trained scientists.

      Once again, we face Tesla's battle with the organized opposition!__BP

Source: http://teslatech.net/ttstore/report/articles/v2n2art/radiant.htm

regards