Re: voice communication on my LAN

Have a try SJphone. It supports LAN direct call. And it works on Linux.
Rob Owens wrote:
I'm looking for an easy way for my wife to contact me when I'm working
out in my garage.  I've usually got the computer on, playing music out
there.  I'd like something that will make a sound over the computer
speakers, so I'll know I have an incoming call.

I use Ekiga for SIP over the internet.  It does not work, though, to
communicate between 2 computers on the same LAN -- I think this is
because I use STUN.
I could set up my own SIP server, but I imagine there must be an easier
way.  If not, then I'd appreciate advise on which SIP server would be
best/easiest for my application.

-Rob