Re: debian support and laptops

Dne, 10. 12. 2009 04:53:45 je Celejar napisal(a):

> kvm requires CPU support. My understanding is that the performance of
> qemu is much better when enhanced with kvm.

Can confirm that. On a sidenote: the HP Compaq 6715b with the 2 GHZ
dual-core Turion *does* have the CPU extensions required to run kvm.
Without kvm support, qemu is *quite a bit* slower. Now, exactly *why*
somebody, in this day and age, would still go on manufacturing
processors without hardware virtualization support built in, is beyond
me. The production costs are in all probability virtually identical ...

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801