User privileges separation in Debian.

Good day.

How can I realise the subject? Say, I have SSH daemon, in Debian it starts with root privileges from /usr/sbin/sshd.

When connection is established (a user has successfully logged in), I have sshd (a child process born by the previous process) - still w/ root privileges, - and only *its* child starts w/ some user's privileges.

As I do understand - the first should run w/ root privileges - at it starts from init - correct (though it is unlike w/ clamd - that starts from /usr/sbin/clamd w/ already its user privileges)? But what about all its children?

Thanks for Your time.

PS Please, reply to the list.