Will Debian accept a SATA to IDE hdd adapter?

Curious if anyone has used something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119257 with Lenny.  I have an old HP desktop running Lenny with 2 hdd: hda and hdb, using IDE connections, with hda jumper set to Master and hdb set to Slave.  Currently hdb is 80 gb and ext3 format on hdb1 partition, with /etc/fstab having hdb1 mount into /wd80gb upon boot.  My plan is to comment out that line in /etc/fstab, replace hdb with a 200 GB sata drive and edit /etc/fstab accordingly.

Has anyone done something similar?  Just wanted to get tips ahead of time in case Lenny doesn't like using one "real" IDE drive along with one "adapted" IDE drive.

Thanks in advance,
Mark