Re: Does email server OS needs clamav?

On Thursday 03 December 2009 20:07:14 Sthu Deus wrote:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Jesús:
> > By removing your server's MTA and let the end users to deal with mail
> > transfer you'll certainly close another one so your point is, again?
>
> Not that. I just suppose that removing clamav will close one porential
> security hole. MTA I would remain.

You should read some Bellovin.

To make a long story short, you can be somehow confident that *you* may manage
to deal with malware on a choke point you control.  Chances for the network
to be "deep protected" under the control of a miriad of end users are nill.

So by taking away anti-malware at the smarthost level you are leaving the
network "downwaters" at its (worst) fate.