The purchase of a new laptop on debian

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a knew laptop. I have been recommended by a few
people to look at the Lenovo thinkpad X 200 and t 400/500. What are your
thoughts on these systems? What is positive, what is negative?

What other brands should I consider Del and HP don't seem to be as
powerful as these Lenovos, but maybe I'm wrong. What should I consider
with good linux support (debian)? I'm looking at a 12.1 inch system, but
am also happy to buy a 14 inch. I will need something with dual core
2ghz+ cpu and 2 gb+ ram. I also may run virtual machines too.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

--
Cheers,
Dan