Re: Which package provides /etc/init.d/inetd ?

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

When I execute, this search non of them is actually *exactly*
/etc/init.d/inetd. So no I do not think this was so trivial.

Looks to me like Debian doesn't have that specific file, as far as I can make out. It does have a pretty well standard /usr/sbin/inetd in the package inetutils-inetd, which is started in turn by /etc/init.d/inetutils-inetd. If it's important to be called that, for a script or the like, you could symlink it perhaps?

Chris Jackson
Shadowcat Systems Ltd.