Re: Will rsync fix iso-file checksum failure? OT questions

On 20091126_102523, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Qui, 26 Nov 2009, Sthu Deus wrote:
>> Good day.
>>
>> I have badly downloaded dvd.iso file w/ Debian - though size is exactly
>> the same as it should - md5sum check fails...
>>
>> My question is, Whither rsync can re-download the file in manner that
>> allows me to redoanload it not (w/ ftp, etc) whole again?
>
> Yes, that's exactly what rsync does: it downloads only the parts that are
> different.

Slightly OT question: How can I use rsync to get a copy of a
netinstall iso image from a Debian repository? I use rsync locally
between hosts on my LAN, but ...  What is an 'rsync repository' ? It
is not, so far as I can devine, simply 'rsync' the computer
program. Nor is it 'rsync' type service on an otherwise conventional
Debian repository. Is an 'rsync repository' where I should go to
update an iso image of netinstall? Or where?

A related OT question: where are dvd.iso files of Debian iso.s
available for download using rsync?

Thanks,
--
Paul E Condon